Why Choose well?
NHS Cumbria has launched a campaign called Choose well to make sure that people across the county know how and where to get the best NHS care for any illness or injury.
'Choose well' advises people on the range of health services available across the county and where they should go for the best NHS care for their condition. Many minor ailments can also be tackled through self care at home with a well stocked medicine cabinet.
A range of NHS services are available across Cumbria for every health situation:
- A&E and 999 - Are for life threatening conditions and emergencies only
- NHS Walk-In Services - Both Minor Injury Units or Primary Care Assessment Services can treat minor injuries and illnesses
- GP Surgery - If you have an illness or injury that won't go away
- Your Community Pharmacy - Has fully trained health professionals who'll provide quality
- NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 - Offers expert help and advice over the phone
- Self Care - A well-stocked medicine cabinet can help with most minor cuts, grazes and ailments such as diarrhoea, colds, flu and headaches, but seek medical advice if worried