Are you still waiting for your FLU VACCINE?
Call the Surgery and ask to speak to Reception 01229 402630
There will be some changes to this year's flu vaccination program with a new nasal spray available for 2 to 4-year old children. We are also offering flu vaccinations for Primary School children please ask at Reception.
Clinic times will be displayed in the Surgery and here on the website.
Shingles vaccination is also to be offer to patients for the first time but only to those who are aged 70, 78 or 79. Again please be assured letters will be sent to eligible patients and clinic times will be displayed in the Surgery and here on the website.
Pneumococcal vaccinations will be offered again this year to eligible patients, this is normally given once a lifetime with a small number of 'at risk' patients needing a booster after 5 to 10 years.
Flu vaccination eligibility criteria:
- Chronic respiratory disease
- Chronic neurological disease
- All children with the above conditions aged 6 months or older
- All patients over 65 years
- People living in long-stay residential care home or other long stay facilities
- Carers ( where the cared for person's welfare would be at risk if the carer should fall ill)
- All pregnant ladies at any stage of pregnancy
- All front line healthcare workers
Health & social care staff who are in direct contact with patients/clients should be vaccinated by their employer as a part of an Occupational Health Program.
WE NOW HAVE OUR FLU VACCINATIONS IN STOCK...
IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE PLEASE CALL THE SURGERY ON 01229 402630 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.